Thursday, August 24, 2006

One six(th) of a pack

I am almost afraid to say this out but after an exercise regime which has consisted of:

June:
Week 1 - 3 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym
Week 2 - 3.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym
Week 3 - 4 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym
Week 3 - 4 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym

July
Week 1 - 5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily
Week 2 - 5.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily
Week 3 - 6 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily
Week 4 - 6.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily

August
Week 1 - 6.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily + walked all the way to work - (1hour) twice
Week 2 - 4.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily + walked all the way to work - (1hour) three times. Two extra hours on my home exercise machine.
Week 3 - 6.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily + walked all the way to work - (1hour) four times
Week 4 - 6.5 x hours in the gym + 20 mins walk to Greenwich twice a day + 10 mins walk and back to the gym + 10 mins on my home exercise machine daily + walked all the way to work - (1hour) four times

September
"God knows what"

I have one sixth of a six pack.

During my ritual (sadistic) examination of my body for evidence that the salads, berries, fruits, nuts, seeds, vegtables and (near) total extermination of junk foods from my diet, I noticed a bar of muscle on the top of my stomach. I thought it was a trick of the light, but no, it is actually there. Pity about everything else that is also "there" and in other assorted places but hey, slowly but surely it is going and I am getting pretty fit in the process. I have also lost 12lbs. So my my reckoning, another six months and I should have a 3 pack and be almost two stone lighter if I can keep the current pace up.

The question is, can I?

2 comments:

Ivan said...

That confirms it - you are bonkers or wonderwoman or both!

ElizaF said...

40% Mummy, 40% wife, 5% blogger, 5% wonderwoman, 5% genius and 5% "unknown entity" :) E.