Monday, September 25, 2006

As the French would say, "Oui Oui"

There are some television ads which are mundane, there are some that make you want to turn the TV off, there are some so bad they make you want to chew your own eyes out just so you can stop looking at them but tonight I have seen one that I wanted to come straight back on again so I could make sure I had seen what I thought I heard.

Picture it if you will:
A plastic pregnancy test stick, low lighting, the stick suspended in space being turned slowly so it looks all arty and modern.
The voice over booms: The clearblue pregnancy test stick, the most advanced piece of technology you will ever pee on"


It took me about two minutes to re-gain my composure. Hell I really have to get myself one of those as I am one of those girls who can only pee on really technological objects. I am so fed up weeing on my iPod, it just doesn't feel that advanced anymore!

*snigger*

Between that and the roller-skating tampon wearing women of the 90s, it really just shows some advertising agencies really do not have a notion, do they, bless 'em.

7 comments:

David B said...

And it somehow seems appropriate to mention at this point that Nintendo are about to launch the Wii... Can't wait to see those ads. :)

Tales of the Stupid said...

But already there's the peeSpee by Sony... Sorry, that was lame. I'll go to the corner...

Paul said...

I usually pee on transformers and DNA test machines, but that's just me.

fjl said...

If it lights up real fast, that's good for me x

rachel said...

Why make it so difficult, freaking you out about the state of technology, like it makes a difference, when you gotta go......

Karl said...

I'm finally getting around to exploring my match from Neil. I must say I like your style, both in writing and in peeing.

Egbert said...

Tee-hee...that's the funniest thing I've read in ages!!

Advertising people live in their own little world, don't they?