Saturday, January 06, 2007

Am professional widow again

Aaaaaargh.

No, the title does not refer to some sort of exotic self-preformed sex act. It just means the Lord and Master of the house is in foreign climes in the name of his job (again)

Among the fleshpots of Milan no less.

I miss him when he goes away especially when the kids do or say something funny. I turn for him to say "look....." and it is crap when he is not there.

Of course, I really miss the warm husband shaped lump in the bed beside me at night. I have this complicated routine of wearing his t-shirt, making a hot water bottle and trying to sleep with a pillow alongside me. It doesn't really work but it the best I can come up with.

Not that he does not have competition. There is this really cute local blonde guy who is very keen to occupy my husband's space in the bed. There are nightly enquiries about the likelihood of his being allowed to take the hallowed position and nightly he takes the rebuff with very good grace. However, my resistance is weakening. Hubby has been away for most of the last two weeks out of three and I'm only a woman after all.

Rups, come home soon or your four year old son will be in your space and you'll be in the bunk beds!

Your loving wife

2 comments:

Violet said...

I do love the phrase "husband-shaped lump", however when my other half is out of town I tend to take advantage of getting the entire king-sized bed to myself, rather than try to fill it with poor substitutes. Then he gets home and has to sleep clinging to the edge of the bed.

Neil said...

Look at the bright side. He can bring you back great shoes.