Saturday, January 06, 2007

Following complaints I am always hiding behind babies

If you are going to have a baby, there is a good-bad balance to keep in mind.

Bad - you're gonna get big. Your former cottage figure is now going to turn into a stately home of an establishment complete with stables and greenhouses.

Good - In that "losing weight slowly" (or not at all) period after giving birth, you now have a handy bit of camouflage.

Result!

Never a big fan of being photographed anyway, as I tend to look dopey, horse-faced, uncomfortable, fat or all four at once, I usually hid behind the camera. Whilst reviewing the ravages of nine months of curry, toasted cheese sandwiches and ice-cream on my body and thinking "oh fuddit, I have my gorgeous baby, I don't care" I realised that Mr. (and later on Ms.) small people were the perfect foil to the camera recording said ravages.


ElizaF hiding behind a baby in Somerset

Hiding behind a baby and glasses - double bubble in Sydney

Hidden behind hair and a baby in Hong Kong


Change of tactics in Melbourne - hiding behind a hand, which is practically naked for me

5 comments:

Violet said...

I don't know why you feel you have to hide. You've got very photogenic cheekbones and you look a darn sight better than I ever do in photos.

Neil said...

I agree with Violet.

fjl said...

Hilarious! I love this one.

Karl said...

I can totally relate to not enjoying being on the "wrong" side of the camera. But for the record, I think you're beautiful. No need to hide behind a thing.

ElizaF said...

That is what I love, a group of regular readers who read blogs whilst pissed. Excellent! I love all you attractive lot as well.