Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Un-uniform behaviour

I have no objection to a woman having a wild night out. In fact with society being so hard on a girl, that is to say not knowing to adore us as a Madonna or whore (or both), then who can blame a woman for being someone who wants to run a house by day and let their hair down a few times a month?

If you are Lindsey Lohan (childless) or Amy Winehouse (childless) there is a certain media "ooh, look what the naughty girl has done now" attitude ......

If you are Kate Moss (1 child) or Britney Spears (2 children) there are media cries of "unfit Mother" ...

I deplore this double standard. Mothers are allowed to let their hair down too you know. They just can't be as spontaneous about it as their childless (brainless) counterparts. Until this week, I has been a sympathiser of Kate Moss too. No-one can do everything she is supposed to get up to and still be alive.... right?

Yes, I said, until this week.

However, Kate Moss wearing a priceless vintage Dior silk gown does come in for a slapped wrist...

What a terrible thing to happen to such a beautiful dress.

The planning and the work that go into couture gowns make them works of art.

It is shameful that this woman, who knows the work that goes into the garment allows this to happen. Perhaps she should stick to shellsuits in future.

It is hard to imagine Isabella Blow treating a Philiph Treacy hat or Amanda Harlech treating a Chanel suit in this awful manner.



What is she going to do next, pee in the fountains of the Taj Mahal, stub out a cigarette on the Mona Lisa or flush a virgin mobile phone down a public loo?

'Cos there is nothing like biting the hand that feeds you AND ruining a work of art (mobile phones excepted) in the progress.

Ruin one, ruin all eh?

11 comments:

Violet said...

What the heck is she doing to split the seams of her dress? Still, it's nice to see that even women who get paid to be really really good-looking, can look really spazzy when they're pissed.

Neil said...

I would think a woman with kids would have even more reason to go out and work off some steam than the childless woman!

dh said...

I'm not touching this topic with a barge pole but thanks for the nice comment elizaf, dh.

dh said...

What I meant to say, before I got drunk, was I'm hopeless when it comes to fashion.

Istvanski said...

Does this mean that Kate Moss is finally putting on a bit of weight?

Ooh - the fat cow!

Dick Madeley said...

You clearly don't know fashion. The dragged-through-the-hedge look is very popular. Or so I'm told.

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EmmaK said...

I'm with you all the way on this one! What an awful way to treat a Dior! And why the heck does she still look so gorgeous after all the many many nights out on the tiles she's had? Still, she looks fun and I'd love to go out for a boogie with her.

Big Chip Dale said...

itts my birthday and I wanted to dsay you are a very niece person.

Big Chip Dale said...

I'm so sorry, Eliza. I was very drunk when I defaced your blog with the above comment. Can you forgive me? I'm afraid that I've made a bit of a fool of myself across countless blogs. I'll never live last night down.

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.